Saturday, February 11, 2012

How can I tell if my kitten a domestic long/medium/short hair?

The kittens are about a month old. I really like long hair (which is what the black mother is) but I cant tell what they will be. Are there any defining characteristics of a DLH? The only girl looks to pattern after her mother (her hair is black and a bit longer) but the boys look more like the father has had an influence, which I have not seen...I have no idea what kind of caracteristics the father has.How can I tell if my kitten a domestic long/medium/short hair?
You can tell, pretty early on. My latest kitten was in a litter of 7, and three had long hair,the others were shot haired. Long Haired cats, as kittens, tend to have alot of ear hair, longer whiskers, and their fur stands out alot more, like they stuck their finger in an electrical socket. Shirt haired cats, are ';fluffy' too, but you may notice that they have less ear hair, and their whiskers are shorter and less pronounced.How can I tell if my kitten a domestic long/medium/short hair?
If your cat has really short hair, when its a baby, its definately domestic short hair but you should be able to tell if your cat is a medium or long hair when it is a few months old.
If you post pics of the kittens, we may be able to advise you pretty well.
It really depends on the parents. However, I've never had a way to tell in kittenhood.
Each litter is different from the next find out who the father is. You can usually tell as soon as they are born what kind they are. We just had a new litter and it looks to be that none of this litter is DLH breed. You may have to wait one more round and try to breed her with a DLH yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment