Friday, January 27, 2012

Why does my short hair cat have a few long hairs on the middle of the back of his front legs?

I got a short hair grey and white kitten from my friend who owns the mommy but doesn't know who the daddy is. It's odd because it's on the front legs only and I've never seen it before. His tail is extremely long for his size and he has extra hair (like a lynx) on the ends of his ears.Why does my short hair cat have a few long hairs on the middle of the back of his front legs?
He sounds cute. I have had a few cats, both long- and short-haired with long hairs on the inside of their front legs. I believe these hairs act similar to whiskers, giving the cat information about air movements and things they touch as they move about.Why does my short hair cat have a few long hairs on the middle of the back of his front legs?
Sounds like he's going to be a medium-haired domestic shorthair: they have longer hair on the legs and tail, and sometimes a ruff around the neck:



http://www.townandcountryhumanesociety.o



Sounds like a maine coon cat to me - they are large medium hair cats.
He's probably not a purebred short-hair. It's probably from the daddy's side. If you live in the north or northwest he might actually be part lynx, as I have heard of part lynx kittens and a friend of mine owns one.
my cat is a dsh and he has them too. they are whiskers on his legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment