Monday, January 30, 2012

I want to adopt a dog that is medium sized and has short hair, what kind of breed should I look for?

I don't want to buy a pure-bred dog, I want to adopt one, but the dog needs to have short hair and needs to be small to medium-sized. Most pounds and adoption shelters can guess what kind of breeds a stray comes from, so what kind of breeds should I look for?I want to adopt a dog that is medium sized and has short hair, what kind of breed should I look for?
to me the best dog is a mut as in it has alout of breeds in it and be tight on it for the puppys first 2-3 yearsI want to adopt a dog that is medium sized and has short hair, what kind of breed should I look for?
i suggest picking a purebred dog of medium sized and short hair.... THEN contact the rescue organization for that breed.. you will be saving a life and you will also know what you will be dealing with breed-wise



** SHORT HAIRED DOGS SHED WAY MORE THAN THE LONGER COATED BREEDS ( which blow coat twice a year) SHORT COATED BREEDS shed little hairs ALL YEAR ROUND!!!



VISLA - SHORT HAIRED , medium sized

Schnauzers - ';

Portugese Water dog - very very nice breed

terriers - short haired and variety of sizes

SCHIPPERKE ( pronounced skipper-key) long lived, medium small size manageable coat
I would suggest a Beagle, these are lovable very friendly dogs with great attitudes. However they can be a lot of work too. They don't like to be left alone. One place to look for them are Animal Testing facilities/ animal rescue (different than adoption center). They often use Beagles for testing and many of them are completely health after testing and could use a good home instead of euthanasia.
Lab mix(Or any kind u like!) I got mine from a shelter, Shes a lab pit mix shes the sweetest thing. A PERFECT DOG I mean it get one from the shelter!!

O yea in Albany - Schenectady, pits and labs are popular dogs. Where do you live? 1 more thing pitbulls can be agressive but there SO sweet any way it was our fault there like what there like to day
I like my border terrier I got her from a rescue at 18 months old. They are funny dogs they need to be trained but they are very smart and learn quickly. Ours can come, stay, sit, heel and go into the down position where she can stay for an hour. Training for any dog is a must it makes them so much more happier and stable! They have a face like an otter too!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im
I would just wait till you go to the shelter and check them out because you don't want to look for a specific breed and not give another breed a chance. Some that come to mind though would be:

Beagle

Poodle

Cocker Spaniel

Chihuahua

Terriers
Why not just visit a shelter and look around? Or you can go on petfinder.com and enter in as much criteria as you can and just go by sight instead of breed. Just look for medium-sized with short fur.
Beagles are great dogs. When I was younger, my family adopted a beagle.....it was the sweetest dog.



I would just look on petfinder....that way you can narrow it done a little more by size, age, etc.
Corgi

Bulldog

Foxhound

Bull Terrier



^ Those are just some! log onto http://www.breederretriever.com/dog-bree

They have loads and loads of breeds! Good Luck x
i would go to the shelter to see if there are any dogs there that describe what you are saying. (medium...) There are tons of dogs that get killed everyday because no one gets them in the shelter!
I would suggest visiting a shelter and looking around. It doesn't matter what breeds they are, if they're mixed the ';right'; way, they could be the perfect size for you.
English Pointer, Weimeraner ,Hungarian Viszla,Rhodesian Ridgeback
rat terriers....i got my dog from ARF she is rat terrier/ chuihauhua ( I think i spelled it right )
Mini Schnauzer is an excellent breed,very intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment