Friday, January 27, 2012

Why are girls with short hair sterotyped as lesbians?

Why are girls who have really short hair sterotyped as lesbians? I have boy short hair and I'm not. Why is that?Why are girls with short hair sterotyped as lesbians?
That's not always the case. The ones stereotyping you as a lesbian tend to be immature anyway.





As for me, if I believe someone to be a lesbian, I look for something more than just hair length. How does she dress? Are her facial features more masculine or feminine? Now I'm talking more about the butch lesbians rather than the femme ones.





If she leans more toward k.d. lang, that's a no-brainer. If she looks closer to, say, Charlize Theron, I'm less inclined to think she's gay. Not an absolute, to be sure, but I think you'd get my point.





Furthermore, it also depends on how you carry yourself around others. Do you tend (in spite of your haircut) to be ';girly'; or act as if you're ';just one of the guys';?





True, other people stereotyping you may be annoying, but if it bothers you that much, maybe you might consider growing it out just a bit so you won't look so boyish. I know it's your hair and you can do whatever you want with it, but the comments and stereotyping might diminish if you take action to look more ';girly';.





That being said, it's true what another answerer said about there being lesbians with long hair (not necessarily femme, either). I've also noticed a trend among a good number of them with mullets!





And if you think you have it bad, I know a girl with a shaved head (her choice, BTW). And while she gets enough compliments (she's very pretty to begin with), she also has to endure the lesbian assumptions (she's not; married to a man, too!) as well as ';oh, how sad. She has cancer!'; in addition to ';So you're paying off a bet?';





Oh, and to close, if you have a boyfriend, just go have him beat them up (heh heh just kidding!).





In any event, just hang in there and don't let them get to you!Why are girls with short hair sterotyped as lesbians?
i think people might think that they want guy hair...so they are transexual...


thats what everyone thinks of a tomboy girl at my school...


i fell soo bad 4 her!
Because there are still a whole lot of narrow-minded people in this world who have absolutely no imagination. Heck, if the only way you can tell the men from the women is by the length of their hair--you got BIG gender differentiation problems. And if you are relying on the length of someone's hair to indicate if someone is gay/lesbian, you gonna have BIG problems. Many women/girls wear their hair short because it is so easy to care for since drying time is relatively minimal. It also can look sooooooo chic--all those extremely elegant short cuts. And lots of women look real real real good with short hair because people focus on your face rather than your hair.
Many lesbians want short hair to look more masculine. So people jump to conclusions. The wrong conclusions.





When I see a girl with short hair, I just see a girl with short hair, I don't judge by hair length.





Everyone is different though.
that's what I'd like to know.
Because the norm is women having long hair and men having short hair.
they are associated as being 'tomboys, and thus not really true girls.


just another stereotype
well, to make you feel better i know lesbians with long hair
Because of stereotyping. It's not right but it happens.
Because a lot of people are idiots. I wear loafers, and someone told me recently that they are lesbian shoes. I smiled and replied, ';No they're not. I think they're made of leather.'; The idiot didn't understand the joke.
Men all over the world *overwhelmingly* prefer women with longer hair. When you cut it short, men think you are putting up a sign, ';I hate men.';
no


i'm a teenager and my friends with boy cuts ont get called lesbians


maybe it's how you dress and your personality aswell
Probably cause alot of them try that masculine look, and do that alot in the lesbo way err something like that.
Wolf hottie, Long hair is for the glory of the woman, according to Jesus !
cuz girls with short hair look manly


and usually men like girls..so..
because they try to look like men

No comments:

Post a Comment