Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I remove tree sap (pine) from my dog's paws & short hair?

While it has not bothered her running and playing she keeps licking her paws and hair when she stops to rest.How do I remove tree sap (pine) from my dog's paws %26amp; short hair?
Buzz ccut her... I had to buzz cut my dog it didnt get it ALL off but if got him to stop licking his paws... Only he got a glue trap stuck to himHow do I remove tree sap (pine) from my dog's paws %26amp; short hair?
Go to the pet store and ask them.
A little bit of baby oil and gentle rubbing should do the trick.
Try Olive oil
Rub Crisco into the hair on the paws. It always works with my dogs.
If its between the pads of feet, carry to a groomer.


ONTOP-go to wal-mart %26amp; buy a pair of pet clippers.


You might need them later on.
i heard butter or oil can get sap off of things...might wanna try that
Mayonaise. It works.
well i would suggest washing her paws once she comes in from outside or brush it out..





But animals tend to clean themselves so i dont think it should be a problem but if it gets to sticky then you should wash it off rather..
I find cutting it out can be the only answer but sometimes margarine works. Work it into the sappy hair and rinse it out. It's hard work but it's probably better than having a dog with bald patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment